- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- No convictions of a felony or domestic violence offense.
- High School diploma. Preference will be given to individuals with 60 college credit hours OR 4 years military service (active or reserve) OR certified officers not currently under contract with another law enforcement agency.
- There are no specific height requirements or /weight requirements; candidates must pass physical agility test and a skills test.
- Good driving, police, personal and employment record Other areas listed in application packet.
|Salary||$36,179 ($39,279 upon completing basic training) (7/2012)|
|Paid Time Off||Earn 15 vacation days, 7 holidays, and at least 2 personal days per year.|
|Vacation Days||May be accrued up to two years worth.|
|Sick Leave||Accumulate one day per month to 180 days max.|
|Retirement Program||Employees join County Employee Retirement System.|
|Insurance Program||Insurance benefits are effective first day of the month following hire date.|
|Medical Insurance||Comprehensive Major Medical group health plan with a four tier level of coverage. Plan includes 100% coverage for outpatient surgery, free employee physical, and wellness program benefits|
|Life Insurance||$50,000 term life insurance policy provided by the City. Additional term coverage and/or whole life plan with supplemental retirement savings are also available.|
|Dental and Vision Insurance||Dental and vision care insurance for employee provided by City; available for dependents at reasonable cost to employee.|
|Disability and Cancer Insurance||Disability and cancer insurance are available for the employee and dependent at a reasonable cost to employee.|
|Uniforms||All initial uniform items, including body armor, are provided. An annual allowance is provided for replacement items.|
|Tuition Assistance||City reimburses tuition and book expenses for qualified college courses. Time for classes must be approved. Must maintain a minimum grade required. The tuition assistance program is not available until after the first full year of employment.|
|Fitness||The department has a fully equipped fitness facility within its building available 24 hours, 7 days a week.|