Special Event Information
BACK TO: > CITY CENTRAL
Special Events scheduled inside city limits require completed applications on file with City Central. The Special Event Wizard helps you discover applications and forms you need.
|Parade Permit Application|
|Special Event Permit Application|
Military Liaison Board hosts the Annual Veterans Day Parade
Application Procedures for Special Events & Parades
1. Obtain Special Event and Parade Permit Application Forms online or from the City Central Office located in the Neighborhood & Community Services building at 707 E. Main Ave.
2. Return completed application form to the City Central Office at least forty five (45) days prior to the event. Any permit application turned in less than forty-five (45) days prior to an event will be handled on an individual basis. A late application may not be approved due to the burden it may place on City departments.
4. The department and agency representatives will have fifteen (15) days to review the application and return it to the City Central Office. The City Central Office will recommend approval, denial, or approval with changes. Department representatives will also list any permits and/or prerequisites required by that department.
5. The City Central Office will review the event application with the Police Department representative to prepare a security/crowd control plan, and determine the minimum number of required Police Officers. In some cases, this review may involve viewing of the event site or parade route.
6. The Police Department will determine if any streets will need to be closed, as well as where barricade and/or traffic cones will need to be used.
7. Some larger, more involved events will require a meeting of relevant City departments and the event organizer.
8. If the event is approved with changes, the City Central Office will assist and/or guide the event organizer with making all necessary changes.
9. Once the event organizer obtains all necessary permits and meets any additional requirements, the City Central Office will approve the Special Event/Parade Permit. At this time, the event organizer may be required to post a performance bond. This bond is determined by City Central based on information contained in the application and will be used to pay for clean-up and damages applicable. The performance bond needs to be in the form of a check made payable to the City of Bowling Green or in any other form as established by City Central, and will be refunded in full, within 30 business days, if no damage has occurred and if all clean up is completed properly. If there is damage, or if the City is required to perform any clean-up, all or a portion of the bond will be kept by the City of Bowling Green to recover those costs.
10. If this event is held on City property or if a parade involves floats, animals, or other objects that may pose a risk of damage or injury, then a Certificate of Insurance shall be required. Please see the attachment schedule.
11. A copy of the approved application will be returned to the event organizer. The event organizer shall maintain at all times the approved copy of the application during the entire event and/or parade.
12. If the event is denied, the City Central Office will issue a letter of denial. The event organizer may appeal the decision to the City Manager within thirty (30) days of receipt of notice of denial, by filing a written notice with the City Clerk. The City Manager shall act upon the appeal within seven (7) days after its receipt.