Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program
Community Development Block Grants create investment encouraging growth through state and federal funding allotted to provide services that improve the quality of life for the residents of Bowling Green. The purpose of grant funding is to create suitable living environments, decent housing and economic opportunity.
- Family Services
- Public Transportation
- Housing and other Assistance
- Business and Job-Creation Assistance
Attend this year's CDBG Workshop, scheduled for Tuesday, January 29, 9:00 a.m. to noon at the NCS Building (707 E. Main Ave). Email Kim Rich to RSVP.
Community Development Block Grant Applications are received each year for projects and programs that:
- Serve Low- and Moderate-Income Individuals or Families
- Prevent or Eliminate Slum or Blight in our Communities or
- Fill a Urgent Community Need.
provides an opportunity to comment on community projects
Projects can include:
- Acquiring Real Property
- Demolition of Structures
- Rehabilitation of Residential or Non-Residential Structures posing a threat to safety
- Construction of Public Facilities
- Improvements to Streets, Neighborhood Centers or Public Buildings for eligible purposes
- Other Qualifying Public Services
- Activities related to Energy Conservation or Renewable Energy Resources
- Assistance to Businesses that carry out Economic Development and Job Creation activities.
The annual Action Plan is developed concurrent to priorities and goals of the City of Bowling Green five-year Consolidated Plan (2014-2019). Projects must be accessible, affordable and sustainable.
Grant funded services provided directly from the City include the Boatlanding Sidewalk Project. Other services are provided indirectly through community partners receiving CDBG funds who undertake development projects that stimulate economic opportunity and energy efficiency.
CDBG Partner Agencies
- Year 13 CDBG Workshop Presentation
- CDBG Consolidated Plan
- CDBG Year 11 Annual Action Plan
- CDBG Year 12 Annual Action Plan
- CDBG Year 10 CAPER (Consolidated Annual Performance & Evaluation)
- HUD CDBG Website
- Map of CDBG Projects