Information for Landlords: Becoming a Section 8-HCV Landlord
The following file is the administrative plan for the Housing Choice Voucher program: Housing Choice Voucher Administrative Plan
Benefits of Being a Section 8-HCV Landlord
- You screen and select tenants and enforce renter/landlord lease agreement.
- Housing Assistance Payments are deposited or sent directly to you on time each month and continue as long as tenant resides in your unit.
- Annual inspections ensure your unit is safe and sanitary allowing the unit to maintain its value.
- There is lower tenant turnover, renter stability, longevity of payments, and rent security.
- Receive free advertisement services by posting available property on Housing Division Webpage.
How to Become a Section 8-HCV Landlord
- Advertise housing units on Housing Division Webpage.
- When perspective HCV tenant wants to rent from you, obtain Request for Tenancy Approval Form and return it to Housing Division.
- Request for Tenancy Approval is processed and contact is made if your unit is approved.
- Fill out City of Bowling Green Occupational Business License if you have not already done so.
- Receive payments through ACH Payment Enrollment, Tax ID & Certification.
- Schedule a time to have your unit inspected, meet Housing Quality Standards by following the Inspection Checklist (PDF).
- When your unit has passed inspections or you have made listed repairs, schedule closing to sign the Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) Contract.
Post Available Rental Property for Free
If you have available rental property and you want to participate in Housing Choice Voucher program, please email Housing@bgky.org or call (270)393-3621. You will need to provide the following information:
- Unit Address
- Amount of Rent/Security Deposit
- Unit Type
- Number of Bedrooms/Bathrooms
- Other Included Amenities
- Utilities Paid by Owner
- Appliances Included with Unit
- Whether Maintenance/Manager on-site.
Forms for Landlords