Community Garden Program
Plots are sold out for the 2015 Garden season. Please check back for information regarding the 2016 Garden season in January 2016.
Garden plots are available at:
1220 Fairview Avenue, Bowling Green, KY 42101
- Full Plot (30'x60'): $20 each
- Small Plot (30'x30'): $15 each
The Parks and Recreation Department Shall:
- Plow, disk and mark off gardens.
- Gardens are now ready.
- Mow all gardens that have weed growth of 24 inches or more.
- Not assume any responsibility for theft from gardens.
The Gardeners Shall:
- Application is good for current season and must reapply annually. Limit: 2 gardens per household/address.
- Obey all city, state, and federal laws, statutes, ordinances, and policies.
- Produce harvested from the gardens may NOT be sold on city property. Anyone selling on city property without a permit/license will be subject to fines and/or court costs.
- Maintain the garden in good condition.
- Notify Parks & Recreation if he/she decides not to use the garden.
- Have everything removed from the gardens by November 7th. The gardens will be plowed under for the winter.
- Do not remove and/or move the stakes.
- Be considerate of your neighbor.
Contact the Parks and Recreation Office at 270-393-3249 for more details.