Central Records UnitThe Central Records Unit receives, stores and maintains police records including investigative reports, collision reports, field interview contacts, citations, vehicle impounds and records checks.
Central Records is open between the hours of 7:30am – 4:30pm Monday thru Friday (closed on Weekends and Holidays). Citizens may obtain copies of investigative reports, accident reports and field interview contacts at the Bowling Green Police Department Record's Unit. The Central Record's Unit does not fax copies of reports. There is a $3.00 charge for copies of these reports
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I obtain a copy of an accident report?An authorized person may obtain a copy of their accident report from the Bowling Green Police Department Records Unit between the hours of 7:30am – 4:30pm Monday thru Friday (closed on Weekends and Holidays) or mail a request to the Bowling Green Police Dept., 911 Kentucky St, Bowling Green, KY 42101. Your request should include your Report Number, Self Addressed Stamped enveloped, Driver Name, Date of Accident, Location, and Fee. There is a $3.00 fee to obtain a copy. Please allow 5 – 8 working days after occurrence.
Persons authorized to receive copies of an accident collision report per Kentucky Revised Statue 189.635 include:
- Involved Person
- Parents of Involved Juveniles
- Insurance Companies of Involved Persons
- Authorized Legal Representation of Involved Party with Written Authorization
Records checks may be obtained through the Administrative Office of the Courts in Frankfort, KY. For more information call 1-800-928-6381.
Frequently Requested Phone Numbers
- Warren County Justice Center 270-746-7400
- Warren County Regional Jail 270-843-4606
- Warren County Sheriff's Office 270-842-1633
- Kentucky State Police 270-782-2010
- Kentucky Drivers License 270-746-7417
- Western Kentucky University Police 270-745-2548
- Auto License Division 270-842-1530